If the content is not available in your preferred language, please contact us by e-mail.
Geiger Revolving Chain Screen - Sousse Power Plant in Tunisia, North Africa
Upgrade Water Intake Screening Solutions at the Sousse C + D Power Plant.
The Geiger® Revolving Chain Screen: heavy-duty equipment for the reliable and efficient removal of large quantities of debris.
- Low-quality of existing equipment from the original supplier
- Poor pump station hydraulic design (too high flow velocity)
- Large debris load coming from the inlet bay
- Poor performance of the screens, not able to deal with the large amount of algae, seaweed and trash
- Poor technical response from the original supplier
- EPC still involved in the plant operation and in the overall project warranty
Reference Plant A
- Geiger Screening Equipment has been working properly at the Sousse Power Plant A (since 1979)
- During visit in Sousse our Service dept. was informed about the reliability issues at C + D intake screens
- Owner requested support acknowledging quality difference between 40-year old working Geiger screens and competitor’s screens at plant C + D
- From 35mm to 12mm, with “tear-drop” bar profile to limit headloss
- Curved bar rack foot section to recover screening area
- More than 20 m³/h of trash removal capacity per screen
- Channel width: 3.60 m
- Channel depth: 7.93 m
- Flowrate: 25,600 m³/h