If the content is not available in your preferred language, please contact us by e-mail.
Geiger two stage Water Intake Screening System Ras Abu Fontas, Qatar
Ras Abu Fontas A3 desalination plant, Qatar has installed a robust Seawater Screening solution made by the Aqseptence Group Germany.
For the first stage in the mechanical screening of seawater (coarse screening), efficient and robust Geiger® Cable-Operated Bar Screen with Grab Cleaners were implemented, and for the second (fine screening) the innovative Geiger® Centre-Flow Travelling Band Screens.
• Low/easy maintenance
• Robust and highly reliable
• Zero carry-over of debris to the clean water side
• Intense cleaning
The seawater screening equipment consisted of the following:
• 3 Geiger® Cable-Operated Bar Screen with Grab Cleaners
• 3 Geiger® Centre-Flow Travelling Band Screens with spray water system and
• 1 stop log
• 8 pen stocks
• Control cabinet for fully automatic operation and a Geiger Impressed
Current Cathodic Corrosion Protection System
• Total Flow Rate per channel: 20, 000 m³/h
• Number of channels: 3
• Bar Screen Spacing: 50 mm
• Geiger® TBS Mesh Spacing: 3.5 mm
• Water Source: Sea Water