If the content is not available in your preferred language, please contact us by e-mail.
Thermal Power Plant Punta Catalina
An electric fish repelling system forms a barrier against swimming fish in front of the water intake structure. Small fish, which cannot be retained by the fish repelling system, are transported upwards by the fish buckets, which are integrated in the travelling band screens and returned to the sea via a separate fish channel and fish return line.
- Optimum protection of larger fish and other aquatic organisms by an upstream electric fish repelling system
- Geiger® Cable-Operated Bar Screens with automated cleaning
- Safe collection and removal of bulky debris
- High load capacity of the cleaner carriage
- Geiger® Centre-Flow Travelling Band Screens (in-to-out-flow) with special screen shape and integrated fish buckets to protect and retract of the smaller fish
- Emptying the fish buckets into a separate fish collecting channel
- Particularly gentle return of fish and biologically valuable substances
- Intensive cleaning of the screen panels with spray water only when descending i.e. after the fish buckets have been emptied
- 4 channels
- Channel width: 4,4 m
- Channel depth: 10,2 m
- Flow Rate per channel: 30.000 m³/h sea water